After a fire caused by our landlord's carelessness all 6 of us were left in a house with 2 usable bedrooms, but no heat this February. Due to the cold wave that hit France this year, the situation was tough. I was sure that at some moment I will loose it and freak out. I surely would have, but Jesus was as close as ever and still is.
I woke up this morning
The world was so cold
But Your touch had caused
A small flame to unfold
Within me my heart
Was no longer as ice
In fact against all odds
It felt kind of nice
Then we talked a bit
While You held me close
Your words warmed me up
From head to the toes
Your flame in my heart
Produced spark of hope
I knew then there's nothing
With what I can't cope
No matter discomfort
No matter the cold
No matter how many “can't help”
I'll be told
I know it is You who directs my life
The victory's ours no matter the strife
Just for an update, we had found a beautiful new furnished house. So that you can realize how much of a miracle it was, here are some facts:
1. We didn't ask to rent our new house, the landlady proposed it.
2. She had lowered the rent on the spot, when we had told her our budget.
3. The house is in the center of town, but we still have a big garden and a small pool.
4. We only had two-three days of actual cold (-5C) to bear in our old house, because the temperatures started going up the next day after I wrote that poem.
5. Many friends helped us with the move and in other ways. Thank you all! You are all a miracle in otherwise cold and indifferent world.